Kids React To the News
questions to Russ, our Editor-in-Chief!
They also sent
Highly Engaging Nonfiction
- Five daily stories covering U.S. and international news, sports, arts, science, and more
- Written by journalists, award-winning K-12 writers, and educational experts
- Reviewed by an on-staff psychologist to ensure safe, appropriate content
- Frames the big news in a way young readers can understand
- Always 100% ad-free so children can focus on the articles
A Two-Way Dialog
- Young readers can react to the news, either by writing or drawing; their words and art may reach their peers around the world.
- Kids vote for their favorite articles.
- Children talk to astronauts, athletes, congressmen, and artists: They are the ones who come up with questions during interviews!
- Interactive maps that locate the story relative to the child – with integrated geography and math facts
- In-app audio playback of complete articles via a Read-to-Me function
- Definitions and pronunciation support for difficult words
- Games that relate to the news of the day
- Translations to Spanish – with Spanish language audio – at the tap of a button
- Three reading levels: Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5 and more.